Brian Crisp finds 9 things passengers will love about sailing on Legend of the Seas.
- The ship has four types of staterooms ranging from luxurious suites to comfortable interior cabins. For those who want extra space, some of the larger suites are the size of inner-city apartments. The balcony staterooms offer incredible ocean and port views _ and of course calming sea breezes.
2. Guests are spoilt for choice when it comes to dining. The Legend of the Seas has six main options including complimetary multi-course meals in the grand Romeo and Juliet Main dining room, Windjammer Cafe and Solarium Cafe. You should treat yourself and make a booking to try Royal Caribbean’s signature steakhouse Chops Grille and the incredible Asian-fusion cusine at Izumi.
3. The family-themed fun never ends. You can challenge the kids to some games in the video arcade; or 12-holes of miniature golf; a race around the outdoor jogging track; or scale the challenging rock-climbing wall. If you want a more cerebral event, then test your skills in one of the daily trivia challenges.
4. There’s nothing quite like the service you get on Legend of the Seas. Your cabin crew will literally treat you like royalty; the bar staff will remember your drink order; and if for any reason you need help there, concierge staff are on call 24 hours a day.
5. The ship leaves from the International cruise terminal at Hamilton Wharf which is very easy to get to from both Brisbane Airport and the city itself. The terminal is modern, check-in is simple, and you get some great views of Brisbane as you sail out under the Gateway Bridge.
6. From Brisbane you can cruise to the South Pacific stopping off at idylic destinations like Mare, Mystery island, Vila, Noumea, Lautoka and Suva just to name a few. There’s also some great Queensland cruise itineraries on offer with stops at Airlie Beach, Cairns and you cruise past Willis Island. Cruise lengths vary from two nights up to 10 nights.
7. For the uninitiated, cruise ships are all about the entertainment. Legend of the Seas has everything from spectacular aerial events in the ship’s five-deck Centrum area, to Broadway-style shows in the theatre and rowdy sing-a-longs in the piano bar. You can even improve your dancing skills be taking a class or two while enjoying a sea day.
8. Legend of the Seas is the fastest and most nimble ship in the Royal Caribbean fleet. That means she can manoeuvre into places that some of the other giant ship which gives passengers an unbelieveable amount of access – especially in tight places like the Great Barrier Reef.
9. It’s basically all inclusive. You can do the whole cruise without having to spend anymore than your initial cruise purchase cost. The only time you will be asked to pay a small extra fee is when you want to dine at some of the high-end restaurants, or if you want a spa treatment, or if you want to drink alcohol. It is the best value for money holiday on the market.